- Sign up for Mint.com — track expenses.
- Live like a college student/minimalist.
- Don’t eat out.
- Eat cheap food like beans and rice.
- Buy used cloths at Goodwill.
- Get free furniture via Craigslist.
- When the market is poor invest in bonds (low risk, lower yield).
- When the market is stong invest in stocks (high risk, high yield).
- Buy a used car from a private steller. Pay in cash. Do not finance.
- Put down at least 20% on a home loan. This way you do not have to pay Home mortage insuranve.